Saturday, February 13, 2016

SURPRISE. From the downs to the ups.


Surprised when I less expected it.
From someone I never thought of.

About: From the downs to the ups. Giving without boundaries. There is someone out there. Hope.

The other week was an intense emotional week, full of sadness and paralysis (no doing really anything of great value). I felt like in a low phase. The questioning of the next steps, the current situation and somehow a kind of tiredness of having worked hard on myself and with clients on their personal & professional journeys. I have already noticed that February is a month of reflection and slow down for me personally. It is when I need to step back. I feel I need a break, I need to take fresh air and detach from the daily routine. All went very well so far, and bang bang, here come the low. Out of the blue. I should know it from experience by now: “the higher the highs the lower the lows”. But still I am not really fully prepared for the lows and just fall into it as it would be the first time. Still need to practice on the attachment principles learnt.

The surprise I really got, and that I never expected, came from a client I coached half a year ago with her whole family. Wife and husband lost their job, and their two sons, in their twenties, were both unemployed too in a region with economical difficulties. So the whole family was suddenly at home without work. That was a pretty low phase for all of them. A tough situation if I would compare it to some of the more “luxury coaching” or “nice to have coaching” we need on our developmental journey (and they are very important too, don't get me wrong ;) . I supported them with all my competencies, my ideas, my energy and my heart. Yes, you heard well, my heart. Indeed, I think my presence, being really fully with them, understanding them, following up on them instead of keeping my boundaries, or "just doing my job"or keeping distance from this depressing situation has given them a little something. Potentially the hope that, somehow, someone is there. The hope that a better future is possible. The hope that we are not alone.

And exactly when I felt in a low phase (for me subjectively) last week, the wife sent me a little written note of hope, out of the blue. It was a big surprise to me, she was suddenly giving me the little hope of light I had given her/them apparently half a year ago. Although we are not in contact any longer since a couple of months. I was just amazed reading this note, and so thankful. This brought the light back in my heart instantly. Just by knowing someone out there is present, is having a thought for me. Just that. Nothing more. This woman helped me bring back the little sparkle of light and life. I stood up again after many tears of joy and relief. As it comes it goes. The lows were as quickly gone as they arrived. And this coming from someone I had not expected at all. And that was the beauty of it. 

There is someone out there. Who? I don’t really know, and it does not really matter. There is someone out there for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment